Does your wifi signal have troubles reaching every corner of your home? If you have a home or office with thick walls where a wifi signal can’t penetrate then you need a range extender. One of the best extenders available in the market is TP-link range extender. A TP-link range extender simply connects with your existing router wirelessly, expanding and strengthening the signal into the hard-to-reach areas. The TP-Link repeater reduces signal interference in order to ensure reliable Wi-Fi coverage throughout your office and home. If you are currently looking for the answer to the question how to configure my tplink range extender then, you just need to sit back and relax as we will provide you with information on tp link range extender setup using tplinkextender net admin.
Before we begin to configure TP-link range extender, check the hardware connection:
- First of all, you need to place your TP-Link range extender into a wall outlet near your access point or router.
- Now you need to connect your range extender to the computer. Take an Ethernet cable; plug its one end into the computer and other-end into your TP-link range extender.
Note: You can also configure your TP- Link range via wireless connection. But it is strongly recommended by the company to configure your TP-Link extender using a wired connection
Let’s begin with tp link range extender setup
In order to expand the coverage area or range of an existing wireless network using tplinkextender net admin, follow the steps which are given below:
- After completing the hardware configuration, open a web browser on the device which is using for the installation process.
- Type the TP-link range extender default web address www.tplinkextender.net in the address of the browser window.
- A window pop-up will appear in front of you asking for username and password. By default, the username and password is ‘admin’.
- To start the setup process, click on the ‘Quick Setup’.
- Now, select your ‘Region’ and click on the ‘Next’ option and it will start searching for the available networks nearby you.
- You need to choose your network from the available wireless network available and click ‘Next’.
- Enter the username and password of the wireless network you want to extend, if prompted.
Note: You can set the username and password of your TP-link extender same as your router or you can make it different as well.
- You need to click on the ‘Finish’ button to complete the tp link range extender setup process.
- Your extender will reboot once to apply these settings.
The TP-Link extender setup process is now completed. In order to check that the connection between the router and your TP-Link extender is established, check if the status LED is solid on the extender.
Finally, you can place your TP-Link range extender wherever you want.
We hope with this blog your query ‘How to configure my tplink range extender?’ is now resolved. If you need any more information on TP-Link range extender configuration, you can simply reach to us via our toll-free number. Our technical experts are live 24/7 and they will be more than happy to assist you.