Take help or get troubleshooting tips for issues related to your Tplink repeater.
Need of Tplink repeater
If you have a home with thick walls and because of this your router’s network is not able to reach each corner of your home then you need a repeater or extender. The extender works as it takes signal from your router so the extender must be placed in the range of your wifi signal. Then the signal is then transmitted to the areas where there is no or less range. Tplink repeater is considered to be setup for getting the proper range. The setup of the Tplink repeater is too easy. For the setup, you must know about tplinkrepeater.net.
Know about tplinkrepeater.net
Tplinkrepeater.net is the default web address provided by the Tplink to set up a Tplink repeater or extender. Use the web address to easily setup the repeater. Open a web browser connected from a computer connected to your repeater’s network and then use the above mentioned web address to setup your Tplink repeater. Now, we will discuss the setup of Tplink repeater.
Wi-Fi Protected setup (WPS setup)
Follow the steps given below to successfully setup your Tplink repeater.
- Place your Tplink repeater near to the router and plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Locate the WPS button on your router and then press it. You can find it at the back of the router.
- Within two minutes, press the WPS button on your repeater.
The setup is done. Now, you can change the location of the Tplink repeater to get the wifi signal in the dead zone. It is recommended to place the extender in between the router and the dead zone. Make sure the repeater must be in the range of your router’s network. You can check this thing by checking the LED lights. Make sure all the three lights are lit on the Tplink repeater. If not then place the repeater closer to the router.
After this, connect a device such as computer to the network of your repeater and access your favorite website. If you are not able to get the network then contact us for a solution.
Setup using a web browser
Follow the steps given below to setup the Tplink repeater using a web browser. This is also called as manual setup for the repeater.
- Place the extender near the router and plug it into a power outlet.
- Connect to the open network of your Tplink repeater network by clicking on the network icon available in the notification area.
- Open a web browser and in the address bar of the browser, type tplinkrepeater.net in the address bar. Hit the enter button.
- A login prompts where you have to fill the details such as username and password. If you are setting up for the first time then use admin for both as this is default value.
- Click on the login button and then for a secure management, create an account. You can change the username and password for a secure access. Click on confirm button after filling the details.
- Access the 2.4 GHz network and enter the password for the same. Click on the next button to continue.
- Change the network name for better security or you can leave it as default.
The setup is complete. You can now change the position of your Tplink repeater to access the internet in the dead zone areas. Enjoy internet in every corner.
Troubleshoot Tplink Repeater
You may encounter issues while configuring the Tplink repeater. We are providing solutions for some of the common problems.
- Not able to access the login page after typing tplinkrepeater.net in the address bar
Check the connection and make sure the computer is connected to the network of your Tplink repeater.
Your computer must be capable of getting the IP address automatically. If not then make this thing possible by changing the settings.
If you are not getting the login page through the web address then try to access the same using default IP address.
The last option is to reset your extender. You can go for hard reset or soft reset.
- I am unable to find the reset button and do not know how to reset the device
You will find the reset button at the back of your repeater. It is a small hole at the back. To reset, you will need a paper clip or pin. Take one paper clip and hold the reset hole for around 5-10 seconds and then release it.